Friday 8 June 2007

Number 144



This is looking down onto one of my tropical plants an 'Ensete Ventricosum - Abbissinian Banana'

I don't believe the aquiligea from yesterday have any scent, they just self seed everywhere! My favourite, mmmmmmmmmmmm, well thats a hard one, in all honesty I'm not sure I could say I have a favorite, I like the challenge of growing them, I like colour but I like unusual too! But if you backed me up to a wall with a gun against my head I would say ......... Rose! Mainly becuase I can't grow them, they get terrible blackspot in my garden!!!! Or Brugmansia becuase of their beautiful flowers and scent, these I can grow!

5 comments:

RUTH said...

What a great photo! I'm quite enjoying taking photos from a different perspective. We have a terrible thunderstorm and rain at the moment hope your weather is better.

Sheila said...

Clever shot Libby..!
I can't grow roses either.I worked for a rose grower, and he used to give me roses all the time, they never survived. The only one I ever had any luck with was called Chrysler imperial, it grew well, but then we moved..!

photowannabe said...

Like the angle of this shot. Looks like a trumpet. Thanks for answering my question on the fragrance.

lilymarlene said...

From that angle it looks like it's got an eye!!!

talj said...

I love the shapes created here! :o)